In this week’s blog, we asked 4 of our health and wellness professionals to name their favorite apps. With everything from health tracking and reminder apps, to mobile fitness and innovate tech experiences, we’ve compiled our expert list of 2022’s Best Mobile Health Apps!
Meet our experts, below:
Alyssa Musiaro is a Medical Director at Evolution Health Group, where she specializes in medical strategy. She is a busy mom and fitness enthusiast who relies upon the convenience of mobile apps for daily health tracking and exercise goal setting and achievement.
Ankur Patel is an Associate Medical Director at Evolution Health Group. He believes in the power of using virtual accomplishments to stay motivated and healthy. Ankur shares with us the apps he’s used for his own health and goals, including gamification models and doctor-patient apps that synch and consolidate all data into one place.
Beth Mickelberg is a Group Account Director of Digital Solutions at blulava. She personally embodies the principles of her professional career, using detailed data-tracking to uncover value insights and motivate positive change. She shares some cool fitness apps, like group endurance challenges that are extremely results-effective.
Scott Reese is VP of Digital Strategy and Customer Engagement at blulava. He is as an expert leader known for creating innovative interactive experiences to improve health. He speaks to us about his favorite “geeky” pastime—playing with his touch surgery app that uses AI technology to visualize operations. He also provides some great cutting-edge tools for record-keeping.
2022’s Best Mobile Health Apps
- Apple Health: This app puts your important health information at your fingertips, including your health records, labs, activity, sleep, and more. “I like it because it keeps track of a lot of things in one place. It allows me to sync health records.” —Alyssa Musiaro, Medical Director. For those with Apple watch, “one of the things I like about it is that it detects when I’ve been immobile for too long and encourages me to stand and take meditation breaks.” —Scott Reese, VP, Digital Strategy and Customer Engagement. “It’s kind of like that gamification model where you can set an activity level or calorie burn level that you want to accomplish during the day.” —Ankur Patel, Associate Medical Director
- Attain by Aetna: This app takes your unique health history, combines it with your wearable device activity, and offers you personalized challenges and goals and motivating rewards. “It takes your fitness data from your Apple Watch and pipes it in, and it gives you goals for active calorie burns and steps taken. It’ll challenge you to try different things every day.” —Alyssa Musiaro, Medical Director
- Chopra: This app has meditations, self-care tools, tips, and practices for your well-being. It has an extensive library of knowledge for your mind, body, and spirit, plus new meditations featured daily. “I meditate every day to try to start out with the feeling of peace. It was hard in the beginning but over time I can really see the benefits on a body, mind, spirit, level.” —Beth Mickelberg, Group Account Director, Digital Solutions
- Equinox+: This app corresponds with an Equinox gym membership. “It provides videos and exercises that I can look at and watch offline while I’m not with the trainer, and it provides news and other interesting aspects of the gym that I wouldn’t have known.” —Ankur Patel, Associate Medical Director
- Medscape: This app offers the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty, as well as drug and disease information, relevant professional education, and CME/CE activities. “Mainly what I use it for are the adverse events or adverse effects of medications. I can go into there and kind of see what the medication does.” —Ankur Patel, Associate Medical Director
- MyChart: MyChart lets you see your medications, test results, upcoming medical appointments, medical bills, price estimates, and more all in one place. “Recently, I had a family health emergency, and that app was invaluable for reviewing all of the testing and physician notes conveniently in one place.” —Scott Reese, VP, Digital Strategy & Customer Engagement
- Noom: A subscription-based app for tracking a person’s food intake and exercise habits. This app is known for its emphasis on behavior change and mental wellness. “It just holds you accountable to actually follow through on actions.” —Alyssa Musiaro, Medical Director
- Orangetheory Fitness: This app corresponds with the Orangetheory classes and combines coaching and technology to track your progress and produce results. “I use it to book my classes and to track how I did in the workouts. And they also have some programs that I can do at home on the days that I’m not going in.” —Alyssa Musiaro, Medical Director. “You can track your progress across daily workouts, studio challenges and yearly events like Hell Week. It’s fun to share results with friends and keep track of my fitness over time.” —Beth Mickelberg, Group Account Director, Digital Solutions
- Peloton: A fitness app that corresponds with the Peloton bike and other equipment. The app gives you access to fitness classes (not just for biking!) and meditations. “I like it because there’s a great variety of things that I can do on there, whether I’m home or traveling for work.”—Alyssa Musiaro, Medical Director
- Pocket Pharmacist: This app provides a lightning-fast drug search with unbiased information, zero pharmaceutical sponsorship, and no advertisements. “It really helps me understand the compounds that we’re dealing with and exactly how they work. It’s kind of my go-to quick educational source.” —Scott Reese, VP, Digital Strategy and Customer Engagement
- Touch Surgery: This is a Medtronic app that provides next-generation computing, visualization, and artificial intelligence technology. “There are 3D simulations that you can go into and actually kind of manipulate the devices yourself in a surgery-like setting. It’s really educational and fascinating, and it’s just kind of fun to play with.” —Scott Reese, VP, Digital Strategy and Customer Engagement
No matter if you are focused on health, wellness, or medical recorded keeping hopefully you have found this selection helpful. Stay tuned in the coming months for more perspectives from the best and brightest across our agency.